The Air Test Kit is an “off the shelf” solution for the completion of air tests on drains and sewers in accordance with Building Regulations.
Air Test Kit
Pipe Equipment Specialist’s Air Test Kit is a set of equipment, which is used to test drains and sewers in accordance with Building Regulations. The Air Test Kit is an “Off the Shelf” solution for the completion of air tests up to 4” water gauge.
The Air Testing Procedure:
- Seal the pipe section to be tested with appropriately sized Pipe Stoppers – supplied separately.
- Fit the appropriate Test Nipple onto one of the Pipe Stoppers.
- Connect the rubber hoses via the “Y” piece onto the test nipple, ’U’ gauge and hand bellows.
- Fill ‘U’ gauge with water up to the zero level.
- Air is now pumped into the pipeline by squeezing the hand bellows – this is done until the reading on the manometer scale is around 125-150mm.
- The pipe is then left for 5-10 minutes to allow for temperature stabilisation within the pipe.
- The pressure is now reduced to exactly 100mm.
- The manometer is now monitored for a period of 5 minutes. During this time the level of water in the manometer should not fall below 75mm.
- If the level does not fall below 75mm the Air Test is deemed a pass.